Save me, for I am yours; I have sought out your precepts. The wicked are waiting to destroy me, but I will ponder your statutes. To all perfection I see a limit; but your commands are boundless. Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me. (Psa 119:94-98 NIV)
LORD, thank You for Your Word that teaches me a better way to live. When someone is waiting to destroy me, I don't feel like pondering Your statutes.
My instinct is to fight or run instead!
When I face difficult situations, I want to keep my emotions under control and respond by turning to You instead of giving in to feelings of panic or fear.
Help me ponder Your Word, Your commandments, and see Your way of dealing with my circumstances.
And help me meditate on Your Word in good times as well so I will be better prepared to deal with challenges before they arise.
In Jesus' name, Amen.