This is real love—
not that we loved God,
but that he loved us and
sent his Son as a sacrifice
to take away our sins.
Dear friends,
since God loved us
that much,we surely
ought to love each other.
No one has ever seen God.
But if we love each other,
God lives in us,
and his love is brought to full expression in us.
1 John 4:10 - 12
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
"I have made you a tester of metals and my people the ore, that you may observe and test their ways. They are all hardened rebels, going about to slander. They are bronze and iron; they all act corruptly. The bellows blow fiercely to burn away the lead with fire, but the refining goes on in vain; the wicked are not purged out. (Jer 6:27-29 NIV)
LORD, when I feel like I am "in the fire", help me remember that it may be You refining me for some greater purpose than I can see now.
Purge and burn the impurities out, even if it hurts, and make me fit for the purpose You desire for me.
I rejoice that while I am not what I have been, I am also not yet what I am going to become. (You may have to remind me of that again in challenging and difficult times.)
In Jesus' name, Amen.
6:39 PM
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
"I have made you a tester of metals and my people the ore, that you may observe and test their ways. They are all hardened rebels, going about to slander. They are bronze and iron; they all act corruptly. The bellows blow fiercely to burn away the lead with fire, but the refining goes on in vain; the wicked are not purged out. (Jer 6:27-29 NIV)
LORD, when I feel like I am "in the fire", help me remember that it may be You refining me for some greater purpose than I can see now.
Purge and burn the impurities out, even if it hurts, and make me fit for the purpose You desire for me.
I rejoice that while I am not what I have been, I am also not yet what I am going to become. (You may have to remind me of that again in challenging and difficult times.)
In Jesus' name, Amen.
6:39 PM